As Amazon stopped the Fire HDX series of tablets, Fire HD 10 is the “flagship” tablet from Amazon. And Amazon now refreshes the tablet every two years. Fire HD 10 and Fire 7 were updated from 7th Gen to the 9th Gen in 2019.
This guide explains everything you need to know about Fire HD 10 9th Gen: the new features, pros and cons (review) of Fire HD 10 2019, alternatives to this tablet, and answers to questions you may have about this tablet.
Top 9 new features of Fire HD 10 2019 (9th Gen)
The 9th Gen of Fire HD 10 looks similar to the previous 7th gen Fire HD 10. Actually, the ports, buttons, cameras, and speakers are located almost in identical locations. The dimensions are also almost identical.
But don’t be fooled by the look. There are some excellent new features. Here are the top 9 new features (compared to Fire HD 10 2017).
Finally, Amazon ditched the vintage micro USB port with the future-proof USB-C port on Fire HD 10 9th Gen.
The USB-C port offers numerous advantages. For example:
- The connector is symmetric. You can easily insert the cable into the port without turning on the light.
- More protocols can be supported.
- You can use more USB accessories without needing USB-OTG.
- You may charge the tablet faster (read on) with a standard charger with USB-C Power Delivery.
- You may charge the tablet with other USB-C devices if you want.